Women have to go through a lot of pain in life, and most of these are inevitable. But this is simply not true!
Menstrual pain is one of the most common forms of pain that many women share. It usually begins with cramps that take the shape of unbearable pain for some. Period pain can be very difficult to cope up with, and can interfere with many daily activities and enjoyment of life. If you want to learn how to stop period pain, you have come to the right place.
All the pain and ache that you a woman go through during her periods are basically the process that prepares a woman’s body for pregnancy. When a woman is not pregnant, all the unfertilized eggs are discharged along with the uterine lining in the form of blood and clots. While it might seem like you are losing a lot of blood, it is not that way; the amount of blood that you are losing is something that your body does not require. The period cycle is a truth of life for every woman, but the pain it brings along is not. Here are some great tips on how to stop your period pain:
- Take OTC pain relievers like NSAIDs to stop period pain. Drugs like ibuprofen help in neutralizing pain and also allow the body to relax. Pain relievers usually take some time to work, therefore, rest for a whole. You must take only those medicines that are meant for stopping menstrual cramps and pain; there are specific medicines dedicated to period pain. Talk to your doctor about your options
- Oral birth control pills are often effective in reducing pain and eliminating menstrual cramps. However, as there are quite a few side effects of these pills, it might not be the best choice.
- Keep yourself warm; taking a warm bath and using a hot water bag on the stomach, or a heating pad, helps relax the muscles and cramping. This will result in lesser pain during your period.
- Drink lots of water to increase the fluid content of the body. However, you must avoid hard drinks, beverages like coffee and soda too. These drinks can lead to bloating, which might worsen the pain.
- Drinking some forms of tea can relieve your pain. If you can have honey tea during your periods, it will calm the nerves and soothe your pain too.
- Exercising during periods is a great help to relieve pain, although this might sound weird, its true! Move your legs as much as you can, but don’t force yourself. If your body is active, you will experience lesser pain.
- Herbs having antispasmodic effect like Viburnum and Scutellaria can be taken as well.
- Taking essential supplements like calcium, zinc and vitamins to reduce bloating, cramps and various symptoms associated with periods.
You need not live with the pain if you only know How to Stop Period Pain. It is not rocket science after all. But, there are certain precautions to be taken:
- Never take pain relievers on an empty stomach.
- Eat healthy.
- See a doctor.
- Sleep well.
If you want to read one of the best guides on how to eliminate period pain for your life, you should also take a look at “Pain Free Periods in Sixty Days.” This remarkable guide is guaranteed to help you eliminate painful periods within sixty days or you will get your money back. There really is nothing to lose by reading it – except your pain! To learn more, click here: Pain Free Periods in 60 Days.